As I walked past AM/PM toward the bus stop to head to school this morning, I noticed a HazMat truck outside of AM/PM. I quickly decided against grabbing donuts from there for breakfast, and proceeded walking to school.
Forgetting this morning’s incident, I went into AM/PM just a short while ago with my little sister. As I walked in, I noticed that the far side of the building was covered in a giant tarp. I asked the guy what was up with the tarp.
“We’re getting a new Icee machine,” he said.
“Oh, okay. Why was there a HazMat truck outside?” I asked.
“I don’t know why it said HazMat on it, but they’re giving us a new Icee machine,” he replied.
I’ve been making some rather good progress with both Galago and the Gaim status rewrite as of late. Galago is becoming a lot more stable, and the structure is being more fine-tuned. Interest in the project has picked up as well. I have a guy working on some patches for Galago, and possibly working on GnomeMeeting integration. The Adium, Gnumail (so I’m told), and Proteus projects are interested in using it, so we’ll be getting a MacOS X port soon.
I’m in the process now of integrating Galago into Evolution. Very little work has been done on that yet, as I started tonight, but the results so far please me.
The Gaim status rewrite is coming together, and is forcing me to remove a lot of the old cruft still in Gaim. I don’t plan to finish this before 0.80, but we’ll see.
I’ve been spending a bit too much time on these projects lately, so I decided to learn to draw. I’m rather happy with the first drawing (shaded) I attempted, although I realize it has a lot wrong with it. I can only improve, and I’m striving to do as well as my “Harem” girls (which is what my friends are calling themselves lately).
Speaking of which, at some point soon, I’m heading over to one of their houses so they can use me as a model while they draw. That should be.. interesting.
The property notification stuff in Galago now works (more or less :). The test program’s status icons update instantly when a buddy in Gaim changes status. Of course, that’s not Gaim-specific. I have small test utilities for manipulating statuses that also work quite nicely.
So, now the next step (aside from cleaning up some code and adding a few more features) is Evolution support! Woo.
On a related note, I just created #galago on Freenode, and have a few people hanging out there now. Hopefully I’ll get a couple contributors. But for now, bed.
It’s been awhile since I posted anything regarding Galago, so I’m about due for a status update.
SourceForge handed over the galago project to me, so I’ll be getting a site up in the next couple of days, as well as listservs.
Much of the daemon and libgalago library have been fleshed out. I still have some of the querying and signal stuff to do, and automatic merging of people, but it’s getting there fast.
I recently added a couple of new widgets to libgalago-gtk. One displays a list of services that Galago currently knows about, and the other displays a list of accounts that Galago knows about. An account list can be linked to the service list with one API call, and the account list will automatically be updated when the service is changed.
Galago presence test and widgets
I’m in the process of writing the signal/property watch code now. When that’s done, programs will receive new presences and such as soon as they’re known, instead of querying. I haven’t had this functionality since before the rewrite, so it should be neat to see. As soon as that’s done, work on Evolution integration begins.