I may soon be adding my plasma TV to the list of broken things, I fear. I came back from vacation last night after a week and now twice while watching TV, the screen has turned all rainbowy for about 2 seconds. This has never happened before and I’m hoping I don’t see it again. But I know better.
Anybody else experience this, specifically with Panasonic plasma TVs?
So.. My Wii stopped reading discs. Just as I came home with Mario Galaxy. It makes some pretty sad clicking noises and then informs me that I should join in on its sadness.
I can’t say I’m at all surprised. I’m pretty good to my electronics. They just don’t return the favor. Let’s take a journey through the past.
- 11 dead Palm PDAs (one right after the other until I got one that worked).
- 7 dead harddrives in the past four years (latest 2 months ago).
- Various fan problems, motherboard problems, display problems and keyboard problems across two different ThinkPads in the past two years.
- 2 dead motherboards on two desktop computer (both mid-2006).
- 1 dead LCD (a few months ago).
- 1 dead DVD player (just a few months ago).
- 1 dead MP3 player (just gave out one day).
- 1 dead UPS (earlier this year, just stopped one day).
- 1 dead car radio (a few months ago, just weeks after buying the car, which has always been in great condition).
- 1 defective gear shift brake circuit (same car, couple weeks after the radio).
- 1 dead Wii.
There’s more. I just can’t remember off-hand. Either the quality of everything sucks these days or anything electronic just commits suicide in my presence. I’m not sure which.